Sensi Star from ABcann is a powerful indica-based strain. It contains 21.5% THC 0.07% CBD, making it a highly potent psychoactive product. Due to the powerful cognitive impairment caused by such a high level of THC, this strain is best used at night. Patients using it during the day must avoid activities such as driving or operating heavy machinery, as the intoxicating effects will make such functions dangerous.Chemical Formula of Product:
21.5% THC + 0.07% CBDBenefits of product:
• Research over the years has revealed significant benefits from high THC cannabis. Most notably, it is known to fight cancer by killing the mutated cells. It
co-ordinates with the body’s endocannabinoid system to reduce inflammation, relieve pain and promote a relaxing, euphoric sensation.
• THC also assists with gastrointestinal problems, such as nausea, intestinal and bladder issues. It functions as an appetite stimulant, which is ideal for people
undergoing chemotherapy or other treatments that can cause upset stomach.
• Those with mental health or neurological problems also benefit from high THC strains like Sensi Star. Patients with anxiety, depression and epilepsy all
show signs of improvement with regular use. It has also been found to treat addiction when it comes to drugs like alcohol, opiates and benzodiazepines.
Terpenes make up a huge component of this strain’s beneficial effects. The list is as follows:
• Myrcene – A fragrant terpene responsible for giving the product an herb-like scent.
• A/B Pinene – Terpene responsible for adding a pine-like aroma to cannabis (and other plants). Also acts as an anti-inflammatory, bronchiodialator, memory aid and neural stimulant (improves alertness).
• B-Caryophyllene – Spicy terpene resembling the taste of black pepper. Effective as an anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, analgesic, anti-anxiety, cancer inhibitor and even reduces alcohol cravings in addicts.
• Terpinolene – A terpene that generates a floral, pine-like or citrusy aroma with anti-cancer, antioxidant, antibacterial, sedative and antifungal properties.
• Limonene – Creates a citrusy flavor and offers benefits as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, ant-cancer and enhances metabolism.
• Linalool – Known for its mildly spicy, lavender aroma. Shown to be effective against epilepsy, in addition to antibacterial, antidepressant and anti-anxiety properties.
• Terpineol – Produces a mixed aroma of pine and citrus. Known to fight cancer, create sedation, kill bacteria, fight inflammation and even combat malaria.
• Organic fertilizers used in “proprietary” growing process
• No additional chemicals or contaminants
Although beneficial, there are some side effects that Sensi Star users should be aware of:
• Dry eyes
• Dry mouth
The first recorded incidence of cannabis use dates back to ancient China in 6,000 B.C.E. Cannabis seeds were used as food. In 2727 B.C.E., China also pioneered cannabis’ use as a medicine. Despite its long history in the Far East, the plant did not reach Europe until 430 B.C. E.
Sensi Star is Indica dominant (Afghani Indica), but also contains elements of Sativa (roughly 35%); however, it’s not classified as a hybrid.
Invented in 1995 by Paradise Seeds, different companies have bred it to contain a minimum of 16% THC. By 1997, however, this rose to over 20% (as is the case with ABcann).
Although available from many sources, ABcann offers one of the strongest variations available.
ABcann currently owns three facilities. The first is a 30,000 square foot indoor growth building that produces 1,500kg of cannabis per year. The second is a 320,000 square foot greenhouse with a yearly production capacity of 14,000kg. Their third and final source is a 150,000 square foot hydroponic facility, creating 17,000kg per year.