Cannatonic is a strain that truly stands out. Unlike most cannabis, whose intent is to treat medical issues through its psychoactive “high,” this product is made up of 25% CBD and only 1% THC.Chemical Formula of Product:
25% CBD + only 1% THCBenefits of product:
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid that is effective at treating conditions such as body aches, pain, anxiety, insomnia, nausea and – according to recent findings – severe epilepsy. What makes this strain appealing, however, is that CBD is non-psychoactive. This means that users can find relief while remaining sober and alert, allowing them to perform day-to-day tasks.
The wide variety of terpenes also helps contribute to the “entourage effect,” where the various natural ingredients work together to enhance potency.
Aside from 25% CBD and 1% THC, there are various terpenes in this strain that are responsible for enhancing its effectiveness and flavor. These are as follows:
• Myrcene – A fragrant terpene responsible for giving the product an herb-like scent.
• A/B Pinene – Terpene responsible for adding a pine-like aroma to cannabis (and other plants). Also acts as an anti-inflammatory, bronchiodialator, memory aid and neural stimulant (improves alertness).
• A-Bisabolol– Works as an anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant and antibacterial terpene.
• Guaiol – Used for hundreds of years as an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
• B-Caryophyllene – Spicy terpene resembling the taste of black pepper. Effective as an anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, analgesic, anti-anxiety, cancer inhibitor and even reduces alcohol cravings in addicts.
• D-Limonene – Creates a citrusy flavor and offers benefits as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, ant-cancer and enhances metabolism.
• Tested for purity
• No heavy metals, microbes, fungi or other contaminants
• Fertilizers and nutrients vary per strain. Blends are proprietary and therefore not available to the public.
Being rich in CBD and low in THC, Cannatonic causes no medical side effects. The only potential issue is coughing or irritation of the lungs from inhaling smoke. Using a vaporizer can reduce this problem, since it does not rely on combustion and therefore replaces smoke with vapour.Source of product: MK Ultra + G13 Haze
Although recently isolated in marijuana, CBD is particularly prominent in hemp. Hemp is one of the oldest crops, dating back thousands of years to the advent of agriculture.
Cannatonic is a hybrid strain crossed between MK Ultra and G13 Haze. Genetically, its roots lie in the sativa variety. This makes sense, since sativa is known to provide a more stimulating experience that aids exercise and mental clarity.
Cannatonic is produced by CannTrust, a legally licensed Canadian manufacturer with over 40 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare fields. Their on-site lab allows for continuous research and consistent product testing to ensure quality.
CannTrust uses two facilities. Their 50,000 square foot hydroponic facility handles the cultivation, production and storage of extracts. The company also has a 430,000 square foot greenhouse for herb growing – one of the largest in North America.